Menus & Packages
- Planning a catered event can involve wading thru a maze of menus, proposals & incomplete information. Many caterers will send you a menu (or series of them) with or without menu pricing. Even then, the menu price is just one part of the total event budget. Later, costs for China, Silverware, Glassware, Linens & Service Staff are added on. Five Star Catering has developed many special packages that include all of these elements for you. Often, Caterers will charge an hourly rate per Server, which can result in overtime charges following the event. We’ve included your Catering Team in our packages, with no hidden charges. We also do not charge Corkage fees or Cake Cutting fees.
- For events with limited budgets, we also offer flexible options from Menu Only (Delivered & Set Up), to event plans with just specific services provided. Call us to explore the best service level for your event & budget.
Service Styles – From Casual to Elegant
- There are many levels of presentation, styles of service & special touches you can use to enhance your event. The quality of the proposals you receive from Caterers rely on how much insight you give them into your event concept. It’s vital to convey your ideas to your caterer so that they can help you to achieve all you envision. From presenting Stations, to an Elegance Buffet, Family Style or Seated Service, you can define your ideal vision with Five Star. All of our full service packages include Tableside Wine & Water Service.
- Delivery Only ~ We deliver your Buffet with all of the necessary Silver Chafers, Serving Dishes, Serving Utensils and Premium Disposable Plateware. This self-serve buffet style is ideal for budget events. You can enjoy fabulous cuisine in a casual style.
- Full Service Buffet Style ~ From setting up your entire event (usually 2-3 hours), to providing Gracious Service throughout, and finally cleaning up & breaking down the event, you want to be able to rely on a highly professional staff to handle everything seamlessly. Five Star has developed a long term, highly experienced team of pros, from Chefs to Servers and Event Designers. We invite your guests by table to be served, so there is no waiting, and no line. We attend the Buffet, replenishing & assisting your guests. Relax & enjoy your celebration!
- Family Service ~ This popular style of service blends a relaxed informal approach with some elegant elements such as Tableside Service of Salads and/or Entrées, or the entire meal. Presented on large Platters, guests are served the designated courses. We’ll coordinate this custom service with you, keeping in mind the planned event timing & style of service you wish to enjoy.
- Formal Seated Service ~ A larger Catering Team can accord you the individual, formal treatment of Seated Service. Each course is plated & presented to your guests in a synchronized flow. Our Wedding Packages include Buffet Service, as it affords budget savings. If you would like to increase the staffing to enhance your event with either Family or Seated Service, just let us know & we can customize a quote for you!
Exemplary Food Preparation – Only the Best!
- One key to fabulous flavors is using the finest in local produce, herbs, meats & ingredients, and utilizing Organics whenever possible. Most great Chefs have specialties, so ask for recommendations. Be sure your caterer does Not use any frozen or premade products, sauces or appetizers. Five Star makes everything from scratch, using our own proprietary recipes. We’re well known for our exceptional cuisine.
Insight – Some final Suggestions
- As with evaluating any service, you can often determine the type of service you’ll experience by how the initial consultation stage is handled. Was everything clearly described & detailed with all costs, right up front? Five Star will provide you with a draft Contract in the early stages, so that you have the security of seeing everything in full detail. This also affords you the opportunity to secure your date reservation, while refining the details of menu & event planning.
- Do they really listen to your preferences & show flexibility? Will an owner or manager attend your event to assure that all is completed exactly as planned? Asking all of these questions can better prepare you to select the ideal caterer for your needs. We hope this information is helpful!