Well, really it’s all about You. ~ Five Star Catering was established in 1997, with the aspiration of offering our clients something more, by fulfilling your vision & then enhancing it! We wanted to offer inclusive packages which made planning an event easier and didn’t nickle and dime you by charging for every little bite and the fork that went with it!
We’re best known for…
- High-quality, made from scratch food. We are determined to raise the standard for catered food. Wedding and banquet food can and should be delicious, regardless of group size or cooking facilities available.
- Gracious Service from a Well Trained, Professional, Experienced Team. We know the Santa Cruz area is laid back, but that doesn’t mean your service staff should be. Our staff will wow even your East Coast guests with excellent service.
- Culinary artistry in Delectable foods & Presentation. We welcome the opportunity to customize your menu, including the incorporation of family recipes, restaurant favorites, or something totally new. Let our chefs amaze you.
- Local, Fresh, Sustainable ingredients. Whether it be buffet style, family style, or plated service, we understand that it’s always better when seasonable and sustainable. With so many local items available why not insist on fresh, organic ingredients.
Affordable options for clients working within a budget – without compromising quality.
We’re sensitive to the fact that many couples are now covering their own wedding costs, and have designed a range of inclusive packages that are affordable yet elegant. We also have great ideas on how to offer your guests a wonderful culinary experience and still stay within budget.
Integrity – We take an open-book approach in sharing our menu options & pricing. At this writing we are the only local caterer who freely publishes pricing – and without any hidden add-ons or fees. Most caterers will send you menus – but later you discover the many additional costs of china, service staff, linens, service charges and more. There are even some who charge you a fee to cut your cake, or serve your beverages. At Five Star we believe that your package should include these services as standard.
Gracious Service– Five Star chooses to limit the number of weddings we produce each day, in order to assure each client that they’ll enjoy the benefits of our most experienced catering teams. It would be easy to add volume of events as some caterers do, by utilizing many temporary & less experienced personnel at the events. We believe our clients enjoy the benefits of knowing that the Five Star team will always have our best pros on hand and they’ll go above & beyond to assure that your celebration is exemplary.
Profile – We’ve been honored to produce events for a diverse range of clients. Selected to cater the local filming of the Trading Spaces and Restaurant Impossible tv show; regular events for the Strawberry Commission, Granite Rock, Santa Cruz Symphony; special events for Home Depot, Bay Federal and Union Bank, Pajaro Dunes, Cocoanut Grove & annual ATT ProAm at Pebble Beach, to mention just a few. Our wedding couples hold a special honor for us, as being a part of celebrating their nuptials couldn’t be more meaningful. We welcome you to read the letters they’ve taken the time to send us after their receptions.
Five Star Catering is well known for contributing to local charities, and each of our clients has helped us to achieve this. We’d like to share some of our recent endeavors with you, and express our deepest appreciation for your part in these efforts. Together, we make a real difference!
We also strive to network with local sources to bring you the finest in cuisine & serviceware, using ecologically friendly products. Below are some recent updates to this Going Green program. We’ll keep you updated as more new developments arise!
- Dominican Foundation
- United Way
- Santa Cruz Museum of Art
- Loma Public Education Fund
- Salesian Sisters Elementary and Jr. High School
- Second Harvest Food Bank
- Santa Cruz Chamber of Commerce
- Watsonville Elks
- Santa Cruz Elks
- Pajaro Rotary
- Pajaro Valley Women’s Shelter
- Salvation Army
- St. Francis Soup Kitchen
- River Street Shelter
Going Green Updates
- All box lunches will come with Eco-Friendly Cutlery packets including biodegradeable bag, napkin, and sturdy Tater Ware eating utensils.
- All plastic cups will be fully compostable (made from corn).
- All White Dinner and Beverage Napkinswill be made from Potato Starch (surprisingly sturdy and unlike the brown recycled material very attractive)
- Clamshell To Go Boxes made from recycled materials.
- In an effort to create a healthier food system and environment for California, we purchase many of our food products from Certified Green Businesses.
- We will be releasing seasonal local menus featuring only produce & food products grown or produced locally beginning this Summer.